Welcome to GDS Link’s (“GDS”) Website. This information is provided for your review to share the terms and conditions concerning your use of our site. By using this site, including downloading materials, you agree to these terms and conditions. GDS reserves the right to change these terms and conditions from time to time at its sole discretion. These terms and conditions apply to all visits to the GDS Website, both now and in the future. These terms represent the entire understanding relating to the use of the GDS Website and prevail over any prior or contemporaneous, conflicting, or additional, communications.
Any action related to this Website will be governed by Texas law and controlling U.S. federal law. No choice of law rules of any jurisdiction will apply.
GDS’ logo and designs are registered trademarks or trademarks (the “Marks”) of GDS Link in the United States and/or other jurisdictions. You are not permitted to use the Marks without the prior written consent of GDS.
All other marks and names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective companies.
Except where otherwise specified, the contents of this site are copyright (c) 2006-2011 GDS, Inc., 5307 East Mockingbird Lane, Suite 1001, Dallas, TX 75206. All rights reserved.
The contents of this site are subject to protection under U.S. and foreign copyright laws. You may not copy or distribute any portion of this site, except as necessary to view this site.
Please direct any questions or comments to GDS.
Links to Third Party Sites
Use of Software
To the extent that GDS provides for the download of proprietary GDS software and open-source software from GDS’ Website (“Software”), such Software is protected by the applicable copyright, patent, or other intellectual property rights of either GDS or the open-source licensor, respectively. Any use of the Software is subject to the terms of the applicable end-user or open-source license agreement.
All evaluation Software is provided for evaluation, personal and internal use only and may not be used for commercial, development or production purposes. In addition, such Software is time-disabled meaning that all Software functions and features will cease to operate after a period.
Data Protection and Privacy
This website may contain hyperlinks to websites owned and operated by third parties. These third-party websites have their own privacy policies, including cookies, and we urge you to review them. They will govern the use of personal information you submit, or which is collected by cookies whilst visiting these websites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third-party websites and your use of them is at your own risk.
36 Park Row
- what information GDS may collect about you
- how GDS will use information we collect about you
- when GDS may use your details to contact you
- whether GDS will disclose your details to anyone else
- your choices and rights regarding the personal information you have provided to us
What personal information does GDS collect?
On the GDS websites you can register to receive information, review on-line demos, and secure certain software products or services or apply for employment. Personal Information for the purpose of this Privacy Statement is information that identifies or can be used to identify a specific individual. GDS may collect information about individuals such as their name, address, telephone number or email address, user IDs and passwords and contact preferences. Personal information collected online may be supplemented with information you provide to GDS through additional contact with GDS.
How we obtain your personal data
At times we may request that you voluntarily supply us with personal information. Generally, this information is requested when you request information, but we may gather and process information about you in the following ways: Information you provide by filling in forms on the website or if you report a problem with our website. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
We may obtain information about you from other sources such as industry publications, colleagues, or the public domain. If you apply for a job, we will use your information for the purposes of recruitment and selection, corresponding with you and equal opportunities monitoring and may hold your information for up to six months in case other suitable opportunities arise. If you are successful, we will retain the information in accordance with your employment contract and our internal data protection policies, which will be notified to you during the application process.
We intend to continue improving the content and function of our website. For this reason, we may monitor customer traffic patterns, site usage and other communications data to help us improve the design and layout of our site and provide content of interest to you.
If you are a client, you may be able to log in to certain areas of the website in which case we will need to store your details to enable log-in.
How we use your personal data
We will use your personal data to provide you with our services and information, for administration and customer services, for marketing, research, and advertising and to improve the design and layout of our website.
We may keep your information for a reasonable period for these purposes. We may need to share your information with our service providers and agents for these purposes. We may disclose personal data to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation. By providing us with your personal data you consent to our processing your data, including sensitive personal data, for the above purposes. You also consent to our transferring your information to countries which do not provide the same level of data protection as the UK. If we do make such a transfer we will, if appropriate, put a contract in place to ensure that your information is protected.
If you provide us with information about someone else you confirm that they have appointed you to act for them to consent to the processing of their personal data, including sensitive personal data, and that you have informed them of our identity and the purposes (as set out above) for which their personal data will be processed.
Your rights in relation to personal data which we process relating to you
You have the following rights over the way we process personal data relating to you. We aim to comply without undue delay, and within one month at the latest.
To ask for a copy of data we are processing about you and have inaccuracies corrected
- The Data Protection Act gives you the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected.
- If you would like a copy or think there might be an error you would like corrected, please contact us either by telephone or email, you will be asked to complete an Information Request Form which should be returned to us with two pieces of approved identification (detailed on the form).
- We will use reasonable efforts to the extent required by law to supply, correct or delete personal information held about you on our files (and with any third parties it has been disclosed to).
To object to us processing data about you
You can ask us to restrict, stop processing, or to delete your personal data if:
- you consented to GDS processing the personal data and have withdrawn that consent.
- GDS no longer needs to process that personal data for the reason it was collected.
- if GDS is processing that personal data because it is in the public interest or to pursue a legitimate interest of GDS, you don’t agree with that processing, and there is no overriding legitimate interest for us to continue processing it.
- if the personal data was unlawfully processed.
- if you need the personal data to be deleted to comply with a legal obligation.
- if the personal data is processed in relation to the offer of a service to a child.
- in which case, you can let us know by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
To obtain a machine-readable copy of your personal data, which you can use with another service provider
- If we are processing data to perform our obligations to you, or because you consented, if that processing is carried out by automated means, we will help you to move, copy or transfer your personal data to other IT systems.
- If you request, GDS will supply you with the relevant personal data in a format which is readily accessible by most IT systems (CSV format). Where it is technically feasible, you can ask GDS to send this information directly to another IT system provider if you prefer.
- To make a request let us know by email to email@example.com
To make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office
- If you are unhappy with the way GDS is processing your personal data, please let us know.
Or, if you do not agree with the way we have processed your data or responded to your concerns, an alternative is to submit a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office, through their website or by post or live chat.
If you send offensive, inappropriate, or objectionable content to GDS websites, or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on GDS websites, GDS may process your personal data as might be included in such message to stop such behaviour.
- We only process personal data in this way for the legitimate interests of ensuring that use of our website is lawful, does not disrupt the operation of our website, does not harass our staff or other individuals, and to enforce our legal rights and to comply with our legal obligations.
- Where GDS reasonably believes that you are or may be in breach of any of the laws of England or Wales (for instance, because content you have sent may be defamatory), GDS may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as your email/internet provider or law enforcement agencies about the content.
GDS will not (and will not allow its website provider to) use the information and/or any statistical analytics tool to track or to collect any personally identifiable information about visitors to our site. We will not associate any data gathered from this site with any personally identifying information from any source.
Where GDS proposes using your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first. You will also be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for uses other than those listed above.
Will GDS share my personal information with anyone else?
In addition, we may disclose your information to the extent that we are required to do so by law (which may include to government bodies and law enforcement agencies); in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings; and to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention).
Except as provided above, we will not provide your information to third parties.
What if I am aged 16 or under?
If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/guardian’s permission beforehand whenever you provide personal information through the GDS website. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
How long will GDS keep my personal information?
Security of my personal information
We will take all reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
How do we use your information for marketing?
We may share your information with our business partners for marketing purposes or we may send you information about other organisations’ goods and services. We may contact you by mail, telephone, fax, email, or other electronic messaging service with offers of products, services or information that may be of interest to you. By providing us with your contact details you consent to being contacted by these methods for these purposes. If you do not wish to receive marketing information from us or our business partners (other than what you have specifically requested via the website) please indicate this on the [“Registration”] form or contact us using the details below.
We use Google Analytics software to collect information about how you use the website and how the website performs during your visit. This includes IP addresses. The data is anonymised before being used for analytics and web performance processing.
Google Analytics processes anonymised information about:
- The pages you visit on GDS websites
- How long you spend on each GDS website page
- How you got to the site
- What you click on while you’re visiting the site
We do not store your personal information through Google Analytics (for example your name or address).
We will not identify you through analytics information, and we will not combine analytics information with other data sets in a way that would identify who you are.
Why we need your data
We collect information through Google Analytics to see how you use gdslink.com. We do this to help:
- Make sure gdslink.com is meeting the needs of its users
- Make improvements, for example improving site search
- Make performance improvements
We also collect data to:
- Gather feedback to improve our services
- Respond to any feedback you send us if you’ve asked us to
- Allow access to our services
- Monitor use of the site to identify security threats
- Monitor the performance of the site to identify inefficiencies and errors
The legal basis for processing anonymised data for Google Analytics is your consent.
You should note that if our business (or any part of it) is sold or transferred at any time, the information we hold may form part of the assets transferred although will still only be used in accordance with this policy unless and until you are notified otherwise.
Although GDS has attempted to provide accurate information on this Website, information on this Website may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. The contents of any documents on this Website are believed to be current and accurate as of their publication dates. GDS assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of the information. GDS may change the programs or products mentioned at any time without notice. For the most current and complete documents, please contact GDS directly. Mention of non-GDS products or services is for information purposes only and constitutes neither an endorsement nor a recommendation.
ALL INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES PROVIDED ON THIS WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE. GDS DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THOSE OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT OR ARISING FROM A COURSE OF DEALING, USAGE, OR TRADE PRACTICE. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so the above exclusion may not apply to you.
GDS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST PROFITS OR REVENUES, COSTS OF REPLACEMENT GOODS, LOSS OR DAMAGE TO DATA ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THIS WEBSITE OR ANY GDS PRODUCT, OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM USE OR RELIANCE ON THE INFORMATION PRESENT, EVEN IF GDS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
Data last revised: September 2021